16 May 2010

I Say I Say


Okay so i got on a bit of a roll and decided to further expand my letter of complaint to some shows that would maybe have similar opinions to myself.

I managed to write to Jeremy Vine on BBC Radio 2, Women's Hour on BBc Radio 4 and Loose Women on ITV. Loose Women in particular i thought would have some thoughts on this issue as they have had discussion topics in the past closely related to the subject. Some of the stories they have previous talked about include, 'Is beauty something to be envied?' and 'How much pain would you endure for beauty?' I also thought it may be an ideal topic for this program as one of the shows frequent participants recently revealed that for her 50th birthday she treated herself to cosmetic surgery. Actress, Denise Welch, underwent both upper and lower eyelid surgery, dermal fillers and anti wrinkle laser treatments to give herself a younger and fresher look. Welch's move follows the findings of a recent study, which revealed that 1 in 30 women at, or close to, retirement age would consider cosmetic surgery to remove the signs of ageing.

I then went straight to the source and decided to write to both Boots, the company featured in the advert selling Tony Ferguson weight loss plan, and Mother, the creator of the advert. I let them know my thoughts on how the advert was stereotyped and how i thought the women were portrayed. I am really hoping to hear back from these letters, as i would love to hear the other people's views on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment