16 May 2010

Reveal Magazine


After voicing my opinions to the 'Facebook group Somewhat Strident but Who Cares' on the Boots advert and the way women are portrayed in the media, i decided to expand my voice to different companies who are more involved in the way women are seen.

I decided to write to Reveal magazine after seeing a selection of their articles, including 'I lost 21lb and saved my marriage', 'I couldn't be a fat bride' and 'I lost 2st and feel sexier than ever'. They also cover celebrity stories such as a piece written on Coleen Rooney's crow's feet at age 22, and reality TV show Big Brother's Kathreya loses 4st for her wedding, you can too. No wonder women feel under pressure to conform to all these standards with them being shoved into their faces day in day out.

So i wrote to them expressing my concerns about how the media stereotypes women and how they put unrealistic expectations on them to conform to get what they want out of life. I am currently still waiting to see if i hear anything back from them so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment